Friday, August 18, 2006

ch ch changes...

it occurs to me in waves sometimes that everything is changing... my friends are changing or leaving. people are having children or getting married or both. i'm getting wrinkles. now i see the gray hairs framing my bangs in ways that don't look cute or odd or really that unusual for my face anymore. changes abound and not all of them are pleasant.

yet on the big points, some things remain the same. i still haven't quite found my niche in life. i still don't know who i want to be when i grow up. i still haven't met the right person at a point in my life when most people have been married at least a decade.

on the upside, some things remain the same... i have my health. i have my sanity for the most part. my parents are healthy. i guess i'll stop while i'm ahead.

No comments: