Monday, September 03, 2007

timing.

I ran into someone recently whom I wish that I'd gotten to know better. The timing, the way that we interacted, or maybe or the color of the sky or the day of the week wasn't quite right for us then.

And, it was still a bit awkward when we saw each other recently. Awkward as in, we kind of didn't know what to talk about but we were sort of trying. If we could break through each other's walls, we might like each other and have stuff to talk about. We're kind of like astronauts in our space suits, all suited up, protected from the elements, trying to gesticulate and communicate through sign language, making faces through our bubble helmets - trying to touch the other. If one of us were more assertive and less insecure, maybe we'd actually have connected. Or, maybe not. Who knows.

Anyway, I think I need to take off my space suit and get to earth so that I can try to communicate with other people a little more clearly...

No comments: